Seasonal KFGL Lodge Manager: POSITION FILLED The Seasonal Lodge Manager will coordinate all aspects of our Kenai Fjords Glacier Lodge. This position will typically work a 40-hour week but must be flexible to work more especially during the training period of May and early June. Day-to-day schedule may fluctuate depending on arrivals and guest occupancy at the lodge. This dynamic position requires experience in staff leadership and supervision, program logistics and scheduling, general maintnenace skills, experience running a backcountry lodge, experience with boat operation and maintenance and Alaska natural history interpretation.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Greet guests upon arrival at lodge
- Oversee management of hospitality and maintenance staff
- Organize continual maintenance and construction projects
- Manage staff schedules
- Problem solve unique remote lodge logistics
- Ensure daily activities are booked and guide staff are available
- Be capable of performing any of the lodge duties from hospitality to guiding to cooking with a positive team outlook
- Competent with computers and Windows operating system; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage, train and schedule guide, hospitality and maintenance staff while providing constructive feedback to enhance their job performance
- Ability to multi task and problem solve under time restraints
- Ability to live and work in a communal, camp-like atmosphere
- Affinity for natural history and interest in expanding knowledge of ecotourism, Alaska and Alaska tourism experience
Essential Requirements for all KFGL Positions:
All positions (including managers) have dishwashing duties. Please note: all dishwashing at this lodge is done by hand using a three-step method.
This management position demands a high level of organization, leadership, attention to detail and exemplary customer service skills. Essentially, it is a jack of all trades. Salary DOE. Applicant must be available for the full summer season: April 1-September 15th.